Saturday, April 05, 2008

Big screen TV.

I missed my 32 inch Sony Wega. There, I said it. I love watching television. Buying that TV for $900 (including the stand) five years ago was the best luxury purchase I've ever made. For the last month, I've been stuck at my family home and making due with a 22 inch and only 60 channels of cable TV. Don't get me wrong, I still watch tons of TV, even if it includes classics such as "whose wedding is it" and "house cleaning."

But I just traded in that 22 inch for a 60 inch. Yesterday I sat in front of that screen, transfixed for 6 hours nonstop. I didn't even pay attention to the dialogs (tell you why in a bit) but the images themselves were worth the price of admission. Well, it was not an actual TV screen. It was the window in the viewing car of theAmtrak Coast Starlight train. But in the matter of hours, I saw junk car yards, residential neighborhoods, trailer parks, oil fields, and of course, the California coast line. It was like the "Sopranos" meet "Everybody loves Raymond" meet "My name is Earl" meet "There will be blood" meet "Baywatch." It was awesome.


Check out more pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home