Thursday, September 29, 2005

Deceptive C-SPAN

John Roberts was confirmed as the new Chief Justice of the U.S. Surpreme Court. I looked up the roll-call votes by senators on the C-SPAN website. I saw that Biden voted "no," no surprise, expected to appeal to the Democratic base. I was happy to see Clinton vote "yes" since I felt that Roberts is immensely qualified to be on the SCOTUS. Then I realized something strange. The N's and Y's line up neatly next to the Republicans' name, but the ones next to the Democrats are slanted. So much so that when I retraced the N's and Y's down to Clinton's line, it was actually a big fat "no." This is obvious because the N's and Y's ran out by the fourth to the last Democrat names on the list. What no one know how to format at C-SPAN? Or is this some Democratic wishy-washy plot to evade criticism by confusion?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home