Monday, April 07, 2008

April 7, Still in New Mexico

The trip continues, and I am guessing we are about 10 hours behind schedule. I am actually quite calm given the circumstance. I have forwarded the Astro’s tickets to my friend in Houston, through an intermediary. I will still have 2 days in Houston at the least (fingers crossed). I am just amazed at the wide open space in the West. I can do a lot worse with the view. Next stop will be El Paso, TX. From there, it is another 800 miles to Houston, still in Texas! I am tempted to rent a car and drive, but that would be totally insane!


Now that I have some, well a lot of, free time, I get to look at the Amtrak’s National route map. Did you know there is a Las Vegas, NM? What about Kissimmee in Florida? At the Texas/Arkansas border, not too far from Louisiana, there is a city called Texarkana. Of course, I still like to tell people about a little city in Michigan called Climax. This is unfortunate since it is located at the half way point between Chicago and Detroit and it is the absolute low point of anyone making the trip between the two cities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home