Sunday, May 04, 2008

May 3, Buffalo-Depew

I had a 10-hour layover here as the train from Toronto dropped me off at 1:25pm and the train to Toledo was not going to arrive until midnight. The wait was a lot harder than I expected. To make matters worse, there was no Wifi! I had read half of the Saturday’s Globe and Mail from Toronto, solved the sudoko and half-way into my first cross-word puzzle. Yes, I was that bored. I realized too late that there were buses to Buffalo downtown and even Niagara Falls, and by my own calculation, I could have gone to the Niagara Falls and back in under seven hours. Having been to the falls just two days ago made the missed opportunity less upsetting. I did have the opportunity to catch the display of rainbow right before the sunset, which was breath-taking. So one hour from my last train ride, and only nine hours from sweet Ann Arbor, something that I never thought I would utter.

1 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this rainbow you speak of the same one that you have the photo of in facebook?

-zzh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home