Friday, October 29, 2004

Movie review, belated.

Yeah, I finally saw "Collateral". The movie had potential, but fell a little short. I guess Charles Mann wanted the focus on the tension and chemistry between Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx. I always liked Foxx, ever since "Bootie Call," but this time Cruise's character was a little too one-dimensional. You keep telling yourself there's more behind that cool, iron assassin. There might be, but it never fully developed. That's too bad.

However, I have to say nobody is cooler than Cruise. (try saying that three times fast.) He just shows up in this movie, and half the work is done. He sort of remind me of Andy Lau from HK. In fact Vincent in "Collateral" reminded me a little of Lau's character in "Running out of time." I know that Scorsese is remaking "Infernal Affairs." Now Matt Damon and Leo DiCaprio are tapped to play Andy Lau and Tony Leung's characters. I think a better combination would have been Cruise and Pitt, but then that would probably be too expensive to put together, though not impossible (see Ocean's Twelve.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home