Thursday, July 07, 2005

Credit cards and signatures.

It is definitely one of those life's persistent questions. How do they check your signature on your credit card receipt? Do they check it in real time, or at the end of each billing cycle? Do they have a computer to analyze the signature, or a human expert? What happens if the signature does not match? Will you still be charged? You see, I have a problem. I've been in some form of higher learning, college or grad schools, for the last 10 years. And with the advant of computers, the chance for people like me to do writings by hand is exceedingly small. Even when I do write, I tend to use BLOCK LETTERS. So needless to say, my cursives and signatures are deteroriating as we speak. People laugh at me whenever I sign, my comeback is always, "so at worst, they won't charge me." But at the back of my mind, I wonder.

Thanks to the "Credit Card Prank", many of these questions have been answered. Apparently no one really checks. I wonder why. It seems that the companies rather pay the 0.001% of transactions that are fraud as long as the rest of us charge away our savings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home