Thursday, December 15, 2005

Dog-napping?

I don't get some of the stories CNN.com puts on its front page sometimes. Today there is a video story about survillance camera catching three teenager girls stealing puppies from a pet store. I found the owner's reaction especially amusing. She said, "I don't think it is shop-lifting. I consider it kidnapping."

No it's not. Kidnapping (definition): the unlawful act of captureing and carrying away a person against their will and holding them in false imprisonment. If you want to compare taking an animal to abducting a human, then don't mind me comparing to you selling an animal to human trafficking. And should we tack on the unlawful practices of eugenics (inbreeding) and imprisonment and public humiliation of those hidious doggy sweaters?

With all these talk about kidnapping and cameras, I wonder if someone at CNN is taking a subtle jab at the U.S.A.PATRIOT Act.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home