Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Question: Dejavu

Just driving to Westwood, preparing for my interview at UCLA. Suddenly, I had a flash back to three years ago, when I drove my parents to have dinner the night before my UCLA interview for residency. Driving back on 405, I had to smile at the memory of drining up from San Diego Freeway and getting lost on my way to my cousin's dorm party at USC. That was 10 years ago! Did time fly. College, med school, residency and now fellowship, I sometimes feel like the hamster running in the wheel. The world is out there. I have been "training" for it for so long. The obstacle remains the same-trying to convince other people to take my words and a few numbers on paper that I am good enough.

I shouldn't complain. If only the rest of the life is this simple. Words and number are not quite enough in real life and relationships, aren't they? I have never been shy about reaching for the stars when it comes to academics or career, yet that confidence stops there. People actually like my personal statement, so I have been told. Then why am I so inept with words in everyday conversation? Still looking for the answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home