Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Children of the future.

I was optimistic before the election. Somewhat saddened by the results. But then again, there are much to be depressed about in my life these days. Yet the following number from the election keeps me optimistic:

18-29 yo: Bush 46: Kerry 54.

Admittedly, I'm surprised by how close it is--I would have thought Kerry would have at least a 20 point lead--it goes to show you how well the Republicans got out the vote. I guess bible study works better than Vote Or DIE, thanks Diddy. But it's still the only age demographic that Kerry won. So the optimistic me want to shout: the future belongs to us! Whether the young people of today won't turn into the NASCAR dad and soccer mom of tomorrow I don't really know.

Another thing. Remember the bloggers pat themselves on the back about breaking the fraud documents from CBS? The "leaked" EARLY exit polls were flying across the blogger world. Guess what, they were wrong. Now I'm not saying that those numbers weren't legit (Mr. Rove, stop grinning, we know who the ducks are), but the premature pat on their backs for a Kerry victory must feel like left hooks to their faces this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home