Monday, November 15, 2004

Quote of the day

courtesy of Andrew Sullivan.

Where there is no exaggeration there is no love, and where there is no love there is no understanding. It is only about things that do not interest one, that one can give a really unbiased opinion; and this is no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is always valueless.

- Oscar Wilde

I often find it hard to argue with people about politics. It puzzles me why reasonable, rational, intelligent people can't even stand to listen to another point of view, let alone try to understand it. "Hey it's just a hypothetical point," or "Just for arguement sake..." To me these debates are nothing more than arguing about two sides of a coin. Well, I have long suspected it--in my attempts to remain "objective" and "unbiased", does my lack of passion make my opinions less valuable?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home