Sunday, September 26, 2010

Question: am I a parenthesis?

Just saw the ending of the movie "Up In the Air." I like how this movie doubles down on bait-and-switches. First, it has George Clooney, who is like Andy Lau of US movies. Most guys could convince themselves to go watch a chick flick with their girlfriends just because he's in it. The ladies then convinced themselves that this was actually a romantic story a la "Jerry Maguire" despite all the coldhearted things Clooney said in the first part of the movie because of the line of "everyone needs a co-pilot." Of course, the movie ends all of this nonsense with "You are an escape. You're a break from our normal lives. You're a parenthesis."

Which makes me wonder these days, "Am I a parenthesis?" Probably. Too bad that I don't have 10,000,000 miles and can go around the world 20 times if I wanted to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home