Tuesday, October 05, 2010

4 months and 5 days

May 22, 2010. The day I realized the biggest mistake of my life. And the day that I made the biggest gamble in my life, thus far.

September 27, 2010. The day I realized that I have to wake up from my little dream. For a while now, I have been stuck in this tunnel without a light. I had this delusion that there will be light at the end of the tunnel if I just kept following the path. I didn't need to be in this tunnel and I had unknowningly walked into this dead end just a few weeks back. It is the classic case of stubbornness-I remain convinced of the correctness of my action despite the contrary advice from almost everyone else. Was I gullible? Was I been misled? Either way, pathetic. Staying up 2 hours waiting for a phone call, knowing that she was talking to someone else, made it crystal clear where I was on the priority list. Hoping ill for someone else is not who I am. My ship has sailed a long time ago, and even if things don't work out for them, I may not be Mr Plan B. I now see how unrealistic my previous argument about cutting the cord early in a new relationship had been. Hope is a powerful thing, and any new relationship is full of it, making one believe that it can overcome anything.

4 months and 5 days of self-inflicted torment. Another lesson learned-consider an interest on the past 7 years. C'est la vie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home