Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How awesome is this book?

The Book of Qualities

The first quality I flipped to, and what I read was uncanny.

"Loneliness loves to run, but he is afraid to swim... At age seven he vowed never to need anyone. It was as if he sealed himself inside his skin, separate from everyone.

"Once Loneliness almost changed his mind. There was a woman who he cherished. She surprised him. He loved her so much that he thought he would never be himself again. He trusted that such a relationship could not survive, and it didn't. Now more convinced than ever that companionship is a lie and joy is fragile..."

On a more positive note:

"Honesty is the most vulnerable man I have ever met. He is simple and loving. He lives in a small town on a cliff near the beach... Knowing I was on my way to him softened the fear. And in his presence the darkness becomes big and deep and comforting. He says if you are totally vulnerable, You cannot be hurt."

The book will be on my night stand for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home